The SGSF was formed to support the many community groups, charities, volunteer and Friends of Groups within Sheffield that are working to support and maintain the Green and Open Space sites, that are so valuable to the local communities they serve, and the City as a whole.
The local talent, knowledge, expertise and experience that is currently available, is immense. The equipment that groups and charities hold that is under-utilised, could be shared for the betterment of Sheffield’s green spaces.
What they do
- Offer an opportunity to see how other groups successfully work
- Share equipment (this is by agreement between individual groups)
- Provide the platform to identify potential funding partners (this is by agreement between individual groups)
- Provide a support network of groups that have knowledge of similar situations and experiences
- Provide a website that Green and Open spaces groups can utilize to advertise their work and events
- Enable the sharing of skills and expertise
- Provide a forum for full and frank discussion.
- Provide opportunities to question speakers on a variety of subjects
- Offer Public and Employee Liability cover (attending group members) see details below
- Promote and safeguard Sheffield’s Green and Open Spaces.
- Provide support for Sheffield’s Green and Open Spaces groups.
- Encourage usage of Sheffield Green and Open Spaces.
- Provide a single point of contact for concerns/issues.
- Share expertise and knowledge between Green and Open Spaces groups.
- Advocate for appropriate management from governmental bodies.
- Create opportunities for partnerships between Green and Open Spaces Groups.